* Update JS dependencies and misc tweaks
- Update all JS dependencies minus webpack
- Adapt CodeMirrors styling to new CSS parent introduced by EasyMDE
- Set eslint parser to latest and add new eslint 7.14 rule
- Speed up npm install by disabling audit and fund checks
- Move fomantic-ui to optional dependencies to further speed up npm
- Enable syntax highlighting on GH for .eslintrc and .stylelintrc
- Makefile cleanups
* disable audit in npmrc
* add missing dash
Co-authored-by: techknowlogick <email@example.com>
Some users (like me) have this option disabled in their global npm
config which can lead to package-lock.json not being updated. This
explicitely enables the option for this repo, so that the file is
always updated when adding/removing dependencies.
Co-authored-by: techknowlogick <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Co-authored-by: Antoine GIRARD <email@example.com>
* add 'npm' and 'npm-update' make targets and lockfile
- `make npm` installs and updates node_modules, triggered automatically
on `make css` and `make js` as it completes reasonably fast and
ensures consistent modules.
- `make npm-update` updates all dependencies to their latest version,
regenerates `node_modules` from scratch and updates
`package-lock.json`. It uses npm modules `updates` written by yours
truly to find the latest version of each dependency.
* add suggested make dependencies
* remove package-lock.json during npm-update
* regenerate package-lock.json
* remove and disable package-lock
Using exact versions in package.json has the same effect as lockfiles
without all the troubles the lockfiles bring (different versions of
package manager generating different lockfiles primarily).
Ensured we only use exact versions in package.json and stopped
generation of new lockfiles via .npmrc which is support by both the npm
and yarn package managers.
* enable save-exact